Lesson 6 Chapter 2
“The words we choose to use when we communicate with each other, carry vibrations. The word ‘war’ carries a whole different vibration than the word ‘peace’. The words we use are showing how we think and how we feel. The careful selection of words, helps to elevate our consciousness and resonate in higher frequencies.” ~Grigoris Deoudis
“It has been said that you cannot hurt the humblest creature or disturb the smallest pebble without your action having a reaction upon something else’s. You cannot think an evil thought, no matter how privately, without it having an effect upon somebody else. Whatsoever you do in life sets up some form of resonance.” ~Cornelis van Dalen, New Physis Nature & Medicine.
The things that hinder us from total wellness begins in our minds with our thoughts, that translates into our emotions/feelings and then into our actions. In order for us to begin to be well, we must start with taking our thoughts captive.
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." ~Proverbs 23:7, KJV (bolding mine)
Diffusing essential oils not only grab onto toxins and bind them so the body can then simply release them through the eliminative organs, but they also do the same for toxic thoughts according to Dr. Corrine Allen. Thoughts are molecules of emotions so by binding those toxic thoughts using essential oils, we can eliminate them from our minds as well. Jesus teaches us in scripture to take our thoughts captive to Him - and He has provided us tools to aid and support us in doing so through essential oils. They have been the greatest harmonizing tool for my own wellness journey.
“Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives. ” ~Dr. Will James
Dr. Caroline Leaf has focused her entire career as a neuroscientist and cognitive communication pathologist on that very premise - taking our thoughts captive (in particular wrong, negative ones as we want the good ones to flourish) because if we don't those thoughts become our emotions/feelings/attitudes and ultimately our actions.
Highlights from the book, As a Man Thinketh by James Allen (from 1902):
- Men do not attract what they want, but what they are.
- A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.
- Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them your world will at last be built.
- The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors, that which it loves, and also that which it fears. It reaches the height of its cherished aspirations. It falls to the level of its unchastened desires - and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.
- Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.
- Every action and feeling is preceded by a thought.
- Right thinking begins with the words we say to ourselves.
- Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
- You cannot travel within and stand still without.
- As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.
- Every man is where he is by the law of his being; the thoughts which he has built into his character have brought him there, and in the arrangement of his life there is no element of chance, but all is the result of a law which cannot err.
"The mind is to the soul, what the brain is to the body." ~Ravi Zachiarias
Let me share some excerpts from the Christian book, “A Better Way to Think: Using Positive Thoughts to Change Your Life” by H. Norman Wright:
- We produce more than 45.000 thoughts per day. We can listen to and process 1300 thoughts per minute but only speak at the rate of 200 words per minute.
- Our thoughts are the origin of our behaviors
- We can learn to control our thoughts that change our brain’s chemistry, affect our emotions and influence our character…which means we can have SIGNIFICANT control over our physical well-being also.
- When we repeat any statement enough, even unintentionally, we can cause it, over time, to become reality.
Negative thoughts lower measured frequency by 12 MHz and positive thoughts raise measured frequency by 10 MHz. It has also been found that prayer and meditation increase the measured frequency levels by 15 MHz. Add essential oils to that and you are really raising your vibration! I know whenever I have gone to the Young Living Conventions, going on a lot less sleep than normal, my energy is so high due in large part I believe to the repeated multiple daily application and inhalation of the essential oils.