Today on FB I shared this quote: “Darkness only thrives as long as the environment is conducive to its existence. When you and Jesus walk on the scene everything changes.” ~Author Unknown. This topic I’m sharing today has been on my heart a long time but since we are in the darkest age I’ve ever lived through I thought, well it’s a good time to share this law of health of again: SUNLIGHT and SON light!
Through these long eight months since the rona appeared on the scene suddenly (said with sarcasm but that’s an entirely other topic which I WILL be engaging again soon), the riots, elections and all of the rest that goes with this, I have continued to get this vision that we (the ecclesia) are to be Lighthouses in this ever encroaching darkness (like in the Lord of the Rings series). So let me share some of the various things I’ve learned about light and yes of course I will tie dogs into this!
- In Genesis 1:3-4, NKJV, “Then God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.” Darkness is simply the absence of light. Jesus is the LIGHT of the world!
2. The 4th law of health (there are 8) is sunlight. I’ve written about this more in my blog post, Let There Be Light which also has a podcast with it.
3. It says in scripture, “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;” 1 Peter 2:9, NKJV. So I walk in the light as He is in the Light (taken from yet another scripture).
There are many references to the light in scripture – of course since He IS the Light! As you’ll read in my blog post I referenced above, sunlight isn’t optional. Whenever I want to heal myself from just about anything as I said, I fast (another law of health – rest) and I lay in the sun.
Proactively I lay in the sun also to BE WELL not just get well. The founding fathers of naturopathy knew how good sunlight was for us. They didn’t vilify it the way it is vilified today. In fact, it has been made purposely scary for us so we’d NOT be well. Don’t believe me? Hmmm, well I could say more but I’ll save it for another blog post or podcast.
Keep in mind we must use our jurisprudence in ALL things (moderation is after all another of the 8 laws of health). If you are going to bake in the sun then you will suffer the consequences of that. However, I simply bathe in it as often as possible – which in NM is often, for about 30 minutes at a time (longer in the cooler months). In winter if the temperature is 55F or so I’ll go out when it hits that. In summer I have to go by 9AM at the latest or it just gets too hot and I do not want to burn or bake. I want to receive all the benefits without the consequences in other words. My dogs are the wisest in doing this – they go in and out of the sun. Half hour sun, then shade, back in the sun. Every dog I have has done this so I just follow their lead.
We all know that we manufacture Vitamin D through our skin. Dogs receive benefits but they primarily get their Vitamin D from their raw carnivore diet. However, they DO love to sunbathe…but why? Vibrational frequencies which we also benefit from in addition to manufacturing our Vitamin D. Einstein said everything in life is vibration. My dogs look forward to their regular sunbaths…when there is no sun they often come to us with that “ask” look on their faces dogs are so good at, wanting us to “turn on the light“! They come to their providers for everything including sunlight. It seems we would look to ours for everything too. He is the SOURCE of all things after all and He is the Light!
So what does this have to do with Lighthouses? Wikipedia states this, “A lighthouse is a tower, building, or another type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses and to serve as a navigational aid for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways.” Why? So they don’t crash, sink, get stuck on a sandbar, etc. It’s to GUIDE them. As Jesus guides each of us, and He lives in us through agency of Holy Spirit, then we become little lighthouses all over the world. We are to SHINE His light into this dark world. There is SO much to share on all of this but instead (since I’ll be writing in this fashion for the foreseeable future – dogs, faith, wellness and oils) I’ll point you to yet another of the great stories in Jonathan Cahn’s book, The Book of Mysteries.
On Day 264 of this 365 day story devotional book, he titles it The Secret of the Third Prince. While this isn’t about a Lighthouse per se, it IS about a Light on a Hill (which is usually what a Lighthouse was/is for ships). In a nutshell it’s a story about three princes who were in a neighboring land to a king. This king offered the opportunity to these princes to ask for his daughter’s hand in marriage to the one who could navigate a long journey of varying landscapes by walking in a straight line to his castle. The first prince tried to do this by looking to his right and his left but the more he did that the more he veered off course. The second prince tried a different tactic – to look at his feet and make sure he kept following his previous steps. Again he also badly veered off course very quickly. But the third one made it all the way in a straight line. When asked how he did it, he simply said he kept his eyes on the LIGHT of the crown of the castle tower! He didn’t look at his circumstances, or his own walk. He kept his eyes on the prize! Look up these verses: Psalm 25:15; Jeremiah 31:9, and Hebrews 12:1-2.
Living in and following the Light we can BE WELL – ask your dogs. We can walk the straight and narrow path in the Light. Before I close let me point you to an article, quote, AND a great new book by Dr. Doug Corrigan on light:
- Undeniable worldwide problem: Low vitamin D levels increase the risk of disease and premature death, multiple studies confirm
- The Author of Light by Dr. Doug Corrigan
3. “The entire world is held in check by an invisible enemy. There is a dark shadow of fear that has permeated our normal way of life. However, we can, (and we will) get through this storm together. Storms are seasonal, they come, and then they abate, the sun suddenly bursts through the clouds and the darkness is swallowed up by light. Faith empowers us to live in the light, even in the darkest hour.” ~Michael Tyrell, WholeTones Music Project
PODCAST OF THIS POST
Until next time…
Have a PAWSitively, tail waggin’, NATUROPATHICALLY healthy day!