The Summer Olympic Games are about to begin today which I know is exciting for many of you humans. My Mom loves to especially watch the gymnastics, diving, and all the short distance running events.
Well I want you to know I have been training furiously myself all during this summer and I want to share with you my regimen. It’s important to insure that we dogs participate in following the eight laws of health – I follow every single one, WOOF!
1. First I eat an awesome RAW meat and bones meal every single morning. I know some humans don’t want to consider this bepaws (to quote them) “it’s not convenient for me” or “I’m comfortable with feeding kibble” or “I can’t afford to feed raw“. Humans, you know that eating processed junk food isn’t good for you, so you must know deep in your hearts it can’t possibly be good for us either (if it is in a bag, box or can it is processed junk food) contrary to whatever you are told by doctors and the industry. And it certainly isn’t the breakfast of champions, WOOF! As for it being convenient for you, there’s that but it sure isn’t expedient for us. And as far as cost, well get creative – there LOTS of ways to make it affordable – my humans manage and they are a far cry from being wealthy. Their joy is seeing me eat what I was designed to eat to THRIVE, and it sure saves them the expense of vet bills. Besides, I MUST have the proper fuel for my training, WOOF! By the way, that is NOT my tongue in the photo, it is a raw rib bone of which I stripped off all the meat hehe. Raw feeding is elementary my dear Watson.
2. I exercise SEVEN days a week. This is also helps my humans be in better shape bepaws they have to take me for my exercise. I go on a long walk/hike/run with Mom six days a week and Dad takes me one day. Dad does his own walk on the other days bepaws he doesn’t like to mess with our mix. I run up and down hills, including running LOTS of sprints to make sure I am Olympic ready, WOOF! I think some human athletes would be hard-pressed to keep up with MOI. My humans also make sure to get me out very early in the morning so I don’t have any chance of overheating, WOOF!
3. I get fresh, pure, unadulterated water (no fluoride!). On my morning workouts Mom or Dad make sure to bring me my own little water dish and a BIG jug of water so they can give me cool sips in between each sprint or what Mom and Dad like to call “zoomies” or “spizzies“. Those are the FASTEST runs you’ll ever see – I leave them in the DUST, WOOF!
4. I sunbathe DAILY and I’m not even a bodybuilder, WOOF! I know that my body needs sunshine to be healthy. All animals know that. We also know to not stay and bake in it but to go back and forth between the shade and the sunshine. I just go out in the early morning and in the early evening in the summer bepaws here in NM it gets REAL hot during the day. However, in the fall, winter and spring I am outside a LOT making sure to also get my daily dose of…
5. Fresh air! I’m glad we don’t live right in the city bepaws we get sweet, fresh air every morning to breathe in. And for three seasons out of the year (winter being the exception) we have doors and windows open to the fresh air until.
6. I do ALL things in moderation – even my training regimen. I want my body to lastfor MANY years so I make sure to go easy. I NEVER overeat – my humans won’t allow me to hehe. They never force me to do over-train either. I just train myself! I get in LOTS of three-ring tuggies, and Kong toy exercises as well as Frisbee and ball chasing with Dad every evening – that is a REAL important part of my training regimen. I do two-a-days always but never to overexertion. All things in moderation.
7. I make sure to get proper rest. We canines need the rest that any carnivore needs – LOTS. We also need for our rest to be in quiet and darkness. Humans have too many contrivances on, so my humans make it real dark and quiet at night when we go to bed. I also take quite a few naps – that is something any good predator carnivore needs, especially one in training.
8. I trust in the Divine. Yes I do. Dogs do even if humans don’t.
I hope you enjoy the Summer Olympic Games. I am going to continue training and enjoying my canine summer games, WOOF!
Have a pawsitively tail waggin’, NATUROPATHICALLY healthy day, WOOF!
Photo Attribution: ALL photos of Meshach the Great Dane by Dr. Kim Bloomer, Copyright 2012, All Rights Reserved.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://aspenbloompetcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/schatzie_me_king_2014_2.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Kim Bloomer, V.N.D., N.D. is an animal naturopath as well as being certified in small animal nutrition, with years of experience in animal wellness. Dr. Kim is a published author, writer, blogger, host of the DOGgone Truth podcast. Copyright 2018 Aspenbloom Pet Care, Dr. Kim Bloomer, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in any form without the written consent of the Author/Publisher. This article is intended to be educational. However, it is not intended to be a substitute for diagnosis or treatment from a qualified animal health professional. Dr. Kim Bloomer and Aspenbloom Pet Care, do not assume any legal responsibility for misuse of the products discussed in this article.[/author_info] [/author]